Monday, January 23, 2017

01.23.2017 - Hillary Clinton -


January 23, 2017

Hillary Clinton
Post Office Box 5256
New York, NY 10185-5256

Dear Hillary;

      As I write this “Thank you” I realize that you made us all feel as if you knew us so personally, that you have always represented the people so well, that it doesn’t feel right to address this letter formally.

     THANK YOU so very much for your incredible service to this great country. From political activism, to First Lady, then from senator to Secretary of State, your tireless work on behalf of America is appreciated so deeply that a simple “thank you” really falls short.

     A story I’d like to share is about my thirteen year old daughter and how you’ve helped shape the person she is becoming.  Last Saturday my family was marching through the rain in San Francisco with thousands of people supporting women’s rights and to protect the freedoms which you have spent your career safeguarding.  I was walking next to our young son (Carrying our “I’m STILL with her!” poster) while my wife walked with our daughter who, when we left our warm home that day, wasn’t quite sure what to expect or if she even wanted to be going to downtown San Francisco.  After all, when you’re thirteen there are so many things on your agenda J

     Hours later we were drenched and excited to be part of the march and my daughter had an energy and drive behind her I’ve never, quite, seen before. The next day she was still making posters and she has been writing and reading on the issues about which millions marched on Saturday. 

     Had you not run for President, had you not inspired such loyalty, had you not been the amazing woman you are, my daughter would not – right now – be as inspired and hopeful as she so obviously is.

     We SO wanted you to become our forty-fifth President. But, it is so important that you know, your legacy is HOPE, and activism, and freedom, and the political awakening of a generation of young ladies and men who have grown through your example.


     Thank you Hilary!

No comments:

Post a Comment